We’re coming up on the holiday season, so we’ve included our upcoming office closures below.
Office Closures for 2022
- October 17th-19th, 2022 we will be closed for staff to attend a conference
- November 23rd-24th, 2022 we will be closed for Thanksgiving
- November 25th, 2022 we will be open with a skeleton crew working remotely
- December 26th, 2022 we will be closed for the holiday
We will be answering phone calls for emergencies only on these dates.
Residents Benefits Package
We hope by now the majority of you are participating in our new Residents Benefits Program! For those of you that are enrolled, you are entitled to a filter delivery service and we want to ensure you are receiving that awesome benefit! If you haven’t renewed your lease yet, or otherwise been enrolled in this program as a new tenant, you still have the option to participate voluntarily. If you’re interested, reach out to your property manager who can go over the program with you, and check out the information posted in the tenant resources section of our website.
If you have yet to receive your HVAC filter, we may be missing your HVAC filter size. We need your help to ensure you are receiving this great service.
Please reach out to us with your HVAC filter size and quantity. We’ll need all three dimensions when collecting this info, so make sure to write down the height, width, and depth for all filters in the property before contacting us.
If you have any questions, please contact your property manager.
To Our Newest Residents
Welcome to the Stone Oak Family! We are so happy to have you and hope you are enjoying your new home! As our busiest season of the year comes to an end, we need your help!
If you have a lock box on your property, please contact your property manager so that we can send Field Operation technicians to retrieve it.
Friendly Neighborhood HOA Reminders
The recent rains we had were much needed and enjoyed by all. After the rains, we did see an uptick in HOA warnings regarding overgrown lawns. This is a friendly reminder to keep your lawns in tip-top shape.
Don’t forget to mow, edge and blow!
Please also keep trash and recycling bins out of view. They should not be visible from the street, place them in the garage or behind your fenced-in yard.
Cedar Park and Leander Water Restrictions
If you are a resident in this area you may be under strict water restrictions. The details of those restrictions can be found on your water provider’s website. Here is an article with more information.
Thank you for being a resident of a Stone Oak rental property! Please don't hesitate to contact our staff if we can help with anything.
Routine Maintenance Reminders
- Maintenance Requests: We still receive a lot of maintenance requests that state something vague like "washer" or "AC" without any other info about the actual issue. We cannot act on requests like this and will require that you provide more info, so any request like this will only delay a resolution to the issue. Make sure you provide as much info as possible in your request including pics if possible.
- Maintenance Portal: Please make a list of any items you want to submit, and then list all issues together as one request including as much info as possible and attach photos if applicable. We will then evaluate whether they should be split up or not.
- Smoke and CO Alarms: As a reminder don't ever unplug and remove smoke detectors because they are beeping. Change the batteries and if that doesn't work please notify us. We find a lot of tenants unplug them and bury them in a closet or drawer instead of replacing batteries.
- A/C Filters: Make sure to check and change every month or as required by the type of filter. If any HVAC systems in your home have a reusable filter you are still required to clean them periodically, so please make sure they are kept clean.
- Toilets: "Flushable" Wipes CANNOT be flushed. Do not put anything down the drains except water, human waste, and regular toilet paper. Food, toys, feminine products, wipes, towels, wrappers, condoms, and other objects do not break apart and go down the drain. Clogs of the plumbing system may be charged back to you, so it is best to avoid this by not putting anything down any of the drains aside from water and human waste.
- Disposal Systems: This includes using the sink disposal as a garbage chute. These appliances are not meant to dispose of large quantities of food and should only be used as a last resort after all food items are scraped off dishes into a compost bin or trash can.
- Drainage: Shower, bath, and sink drains can get clogged up over time with hair and other organic matter. Do not use Draino-type products as they are extremely acidic and will do more harm than good by damaging the pipes while usually failing to fix the drainage issue. The best way to address this is to use a disposable drain snake that can be obtained from any hardware store for a couple of dollars. Please note that if we send out a vendor for this and it turns out to be this very issue you may be charged back for the cost. Here is a video on how to use those - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOb4MJ6widg
- Emergency Maintenance: this extension should not be called unless you have an issue involving Flood, Blood, or Fire. Do not call the emergency line to follow up on existing work orders or submit a new request that is not an emergency. In case of an emergency call 911 if needed and then contact us after everyone is safe. Remember that we do not monitor emails after hours, so if you submit something considered an emergency online and do not call we may not know until the next business day.
Other Maintenance Notes:
If you'd like to inquire about, or update an existing request, submit the form at stoneoakmgmt.com/maintenance or call 512-617-6766 ext-5.
Maintenance time frames continue to be extended due to the pandemic. Please allow at least 5 business days before requesting an update from our team unless it is an emergency.
For basic DIY tips and tricks to solve some issues quickly, visit our DIY rental property maintenance page.
Your Tenant Portal & Electronic Statements
The system will generate a statement even if you're moving out, so there is no need to contact us if you receive this and are moving. All charges, including any prorated rent, will be adjusted as needed when the deposit is processed.
If you are not using the portal app that keeps you logged in please take a look at the linked flyer for more info. This can eliminate forgotten passwords, and help with easy updates/access to maintenance requests and all other account details.
AppFolio Tenant Portal Information