What to Do During a Power Outage
After February’s state-wide power outages, there is a lot of concern that this can and will happen again should our grid experience another event like this. The City of Austin recently published some great tips on What to Do During a Power Outage that is great info for everyone whether you are in their service area or not.
After more than a year and a half of eviction moratoriums, it appears that they will all expire set to expire on October 15th, 2021 and evictions will resume in the courts. It is always preferable to work with our residents regarding any troubles they may face with paying rent, etc - but that requires your participation and cooperation.
If you find yourself behind or struggling to make rent payments, consider getting started with the resources listed below. As long as this is in process, Stone Oak is committed to working with our residents who are experiencing difficulty in these times. If we don’t have an open line of communication and are working cooperatively towards a solution then our only option is to pursue eviction. Please contact your property manager with any questions or issues.
If you are struggling or unable to pay rent there are programs available to help. We’ve worked with a lot of tenants and/or worked with several of the agencies to get rent assistance funds for them. There are a few programs that are listed below, however, this is not an all-inclusive list as there are many programs out there with varying eligibility requirements-
Texas Rent Relief - https://texasrentrelief.com/
Travis County - https://www.traviscountytx.gov/health-human-services/rent
City of Austin - https://www.austintexas.gov/rent
If you do work with any of these, or any other programs please give them Stone Oak Property Manager as the landlord/manager, if an email address is needed contact us to get that, and you can provide them with our main number of 512-617-6766.
If you apply for the State of Texas program you must also provide them with our case ID number and other info after you have completed your application. Once your application has been submitted please contact your property manager to get the additional information you will need to provide to the program so they can connect our account and yours.
We are in the busy season and have a lot of tenants who are up for renewal. If your lease is coming up for renewal or you'd like to discuss that in advance please let us know by filling out this lease renewal form. The sooner we can get these processed the better; even if your lease doesn't come up for several months. As a friendly reminder, you must have a zero balance to renew your lease.
We appreciate your cooperation. Please let your property manager know if you need anything regarding this.
Routine Maintenance Reminders
- Maintenance Requests: We still receive a lot of maintenance requests that state something vague like "washer" or "AC" without any other info about the actual issue. We cannot act on requests like this and will require that you provide more info, so any request like this will only delay a resolution to the issue. Make sure you provide as much info as possible in your request including pics if possible.
- Maintenance Portal: Please make a list of any items you want to submit, and then list all issues together as one request including as much info as possible and attach photos if applicable. We will then evaluate whether they should be split up or not.
- Smoke and CO Alarms: As a reminder don't ever unplug and remove smoke detectors because they are beeping. Change the batteries and if that doesn't work please notify us. We find a lot of tenants unplug them and bury them in a closet or drawer instead of replacing batteries.
- A/C Filters: Make sure to check and change every month or as required by the type of filter. If any HVAC systems in your home have a reusable filter you are still required to clean them periodically, so please make sure they are kept clean.
- Toilets: "Flushable" Wipes CANNOT be flushed. Do not put anything down the drains except water, human waste, and regular toilet paper. Food, toys, feminine products, wipes, towels, wrappers, condoms, and other objects do not break apart and go down the drain. Clogs of the plumbing system may be charged back to you, so it is best to avoid this by not putting anything down any of the drains aside from water and human waste.
- Disposal Systems: This includes using the sink disposal as a garbage chute. These appliances are not meant to dispose of large quantities of food and should only be used as a last resort after all food items are scraped off dishes into a compost bin or trash can.
- Drainage: Shower, bath, and sink drains can get clogged up over time with hair and other organic matter. Do not use Draino-type products as they are extremely acidic and will do more harm than good by damaging the pipes while usually failing to fix the drainage issue. The best way to address this is to use a disposable drain snake that can be obtained from any hardware store for a couple of dollars. Please note that if we send out a vendor for this and it turns out to be this very issue you may be charged back for the cost. Here is a video on how to use those - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOb4MJ6widg
- Emergency Maintenance: this extension should not be called unless you have an issue involving Flood, Blood, or Fire. Do not call the emergency line to follow up on existing work orders or submit a new request that is not an emergency. In case of an emergency call 911 if needed and then contact us after everyone is safe. Remember that we do not monitor emails after hours, so if you submit something considered an emergency online and do not call we may not know until the next business day.
Other Maintenance Notes:
If you'd like to inquire about, or update an existing request, submit the form at stoneoakmgmt.com/maintenance or call 512-617-6766 ext-5.
Maintenance time frames continue to be extended due to the pandemic. Please allow at least 5 business days before requesting an update from our team unless it is an emergency.
For basic DIY tips and tricks to solve some issues quickly, visit our DIY rental property maintenance page.
Your Tenant Portal & Electronic Statements
The system will generate a statement even if you're moving out, so there is no need to contact us if you receive this and are moving. All charges, including any prorated rent, will be adjusted as needed when the deposit is processed.
If you are not using the portal app that keeps you logged in please take a look at the linked flyer for more info. This can eliminate forgotten passwords, and help with easy updates/access to maintenance requests and all other account details.
AppFolio Tenant Portal Information
Thank you for being a resident of a Stone Oak rental property! Please don't hesitate to contact our staff if we can help with anything.
Send the Staff a Message
Login to Your Tenant Portal