Residential Benefits Program and Renters Insurance
We have officially rolled out the updated RBP plan that includes renter’s insurance by default for all renewals and new leases. The details can be found on our website in the tenant resources by opening up the sample lease and taking a look at the Renter’s Insurance Addendum. This is a very reasonably priced Renter’s Insurance option and we recommend comparing it to your current coverage. The RBP default coverage insures all adults on the lease for only $11.00/month, and can be modified with increased contents coverage if the default of $10,000 is less than desired. The details also spell out some other great benefits, and you don’t have to maintain a separate policy. You can pay for this policy with your rent at a cost that is likely lower than your current coverage. If you’re interested in getting on board with the RBP with or without insurance please contact your property manager.
Did you know an unauthorized occupant or unauthorized pet is a lease violation that can put you at risk of eviction? If you move in a friend, significant other, family member or a furry friend without first adding them to the lease they immediately become an unauthorized occupant or unauthorized pet. Yes, even service animals need to be documented to live in the property. We are happy to add additional tenants or pets to your lease, when permitted. It does not have to wait until you renew your lease! The process is fairly simple! If you find yourself with an accidental unauthorized occupant or pet, please reach out to your property manager to start the process of adding them to your lease today.
Please make sure someone is available if you have scheduled an appointment with one of our vendors. If an appointment has been set, they may not call you to remind you. If they arrive and no one is home to allow them access, you will be charged for the service call.
The busy Summer season is upon us and we need lockboxes! We are a few short, please contact your property manager should you still have one at your property and we will gladly send a member of our staff to retrieve it.
Friendly reminder to keep your lawn in tip top condition - that includes mowing, edging and blowing! We want to avoid those pesky HOA notices/fines from coming in as much as you. Let’s keep them at bay by staying ahead of the growth by regularly maintaining your lawn.
Memorial Day Hours
Our office will be closed in observance of the Memorial Day Holiday. If you need assistance, please send an email or call and leave a voicemail and we will get back to you when we reopen on Tuesday. If you have a Maintenance Emergency, please call the after hours emergency line at 512-617-6766 ext 1
Please make sure to let us know as soon as possible if you are considering renewing your lease. As soon as you know you are planning on vacating, let us know so we can send the link to submit the official notice to vacate including you forwarding address.
Routine Maintenance Reminders
- Maintenance Requests: We still receive a lot of maintenance requests that state something vague like "washer" or "AC" without any other info about the actual issue. We cannot act on requests like this and will require that you provide more info, so any request like this will only delay a resolution to the issue. Make sure you provide as much info as possible in your request including pics if possible.
- Maintenance Portal: Please make a list of any items you want to submit, and then list all issues together as one request including as much info as possible and attach photos if applicable. We will then evaluate whether they should be split up or not.
- Smoke and CO Alarms: As a reminder don't ever unplug and remove smoke detectors because they are beeping. Change the batteries and if that doesn't work please notify us. We find a lot of tenants unplug them and bury them in a closet or drawer instead of replacing batteries.
- A/C Filters: Make sure to check and change every month or as required by the type of filter. If any HVAC systems in your home have a reusable filter you are still required to clean them periodically, so please make sure they are kept clean.
- Toilets: "Flushable" Wipes CANNOT be flushed. Do not put anything down the drains except water, human waste, and regular toilet paper. Food, toys, feminine products, wipes, towels, wrappers, condoms, and other objects do not break apart and go down the drain. Clogs of the plumbing system may be charged back to you, so it is best to avoid this by not putting anything down any of the drains aside from water and human waste.
- Disposal Systems: This includes using the sink disposal as a garbage chute. These appliances are not meant to dispose of large quantities of food and should only be used as a last resort after all food items are scraped off dishes into a compost bin or trash can.
- Drainage: Shower, bath, and sink drains can get clogged up over time with hair and other organic matter. Do not use Draino-type products as they are extremely acidic and will do more harm than good by damaging the pipes while usually failing to fix the drainage issue. The best way to address this is to use a disposable drain snake that can be obtained from any hardware store for a couple of dollars. Please note that if we send out a vendor for this and it turns out to be this very issue you may be charged back for the cost. Here is a video on how to use those - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOb4MJ6widg
- Emergency Maintenance: this extension should not be called unless you have an issue involving Flood, Blood, or Fire. Do not call the emergency line to follow up on existing work orders or submit a new request that is not an emergency. In case of an emergency call 911 if needed and then contact us after everyone is safe. Remember that we do not monitor emails after hours, so if you submit something considered an emergency online and do not call we may not know until the next business day.
Other Maintenance Notes:
If you'd like to inquire about, or update an existing request, submit the form at stoneoakmgmt.com/maintenance or call 512-617-6766 ext-5.
Maintenance time frames continue to be extended due to the pandemic. Please allow at least 5 business days before requesting an update from our team unless it is an emergency.
For basic DIY tips and tricks to solve some issues quickly, visit our DIY rental property maintenance page.
Your Tenant Portal & Electronic Statements
The system will generate a statement even if you're moving out, so there is no need to contact us if you receive this and are moving. All charges, including any prorated rent, will be adjusted as needed when the deposit is processed.
If you are not using the portal app that keeps you logged in please take a look at the linked flyer for more info. This can eliminate forgotten passwords, and help with easy updates/access to maintenance requests and all other account details.
AppFolio Tenant Portal Information