Our office will be changing locations in July. As of July 8, 2022 our new address will be:
14050 Summit Drive Ste 113B
Austin, TX 78728
We will be closed on Friday, July 8, 2022 to move our office to the new location.
July 4th Holiday Hours
In observance of Independence Day, we will be closed on Monday, July 4, 2022.
Summer is in Full Swing!
With many days over 100 degrees, we’re feeling the full force of the Texas Summer. We see a lot of HVAC requests without enough info, so please provide as much detail as you can if you’re having HVAC issues. For example, don’t send a maintenance request that just says “AC” or “AC not working.” We need to know why you think it’s not working, such as the thermostat is set to 75, but it’s 85 inside. We will send you some troubleshooting steps before we determine if someone needs to be dispatched.
Another issue we’re seeing a lot of is waiting to report an issue until the weekend. We received several requests at 6 pm on a weekend stating “our AC hasn’t been working for 3 days.” We need these items reported during business hours, and as soon as possible in order to avoid having to go through the whole weekend without AC.
Please note that we do not monitor emails on weekends, so we will not see your maintenance request until we return to the office on the next business day.
Getting Access to Your Pool
We ask that you remain patient with your property manager when requesting pool keys/passes. HOAs can be slow to respond to our requests and we must work with them to obtain the key(s). We assure you that your property manager is trying to coordinate the quickest time possible to retrieve those for you!
How to Save Money During the Heat:
Here is a link with some great info about saving money by adjusting your thermostat.
As the summer heat ramps up here in Austin, our A/C's are put to the test. We have received requests about AC's not cooling to desired temps and want to address that to help manage expectations. Please take a moment to review more about your home's HVAC system during these summer months - https://www.stoneoakmgmt.com/hvac-expectations.
Central Texas Drought
We’re already in Stage 1 drought status. Details from the City of Austin are available in the link below.
Thank you for being a resident of a Stone Oak rental property! Please don't hesitate to contact our staff if we can help with anything.
Routine Maintenance Reminders
- Maintenance Requests: We still receive a lot of maintenance requests that state something vague like "washer" or "AC" without any other info about the actual issue. We cannot act on requests like this and will require that you provide more info, so any request like this will only delay a resolution to the issue. Make sure you provide as much info as possible in your request including pics if possible.
- Maintenance Portal: Please make a list of any items you want to submit, and then list all issues together as one request including as much info as possible and attach photos if applicable. We will then evaluate whether they should be split up or not.
- Smoke and CO Alarms: As a reminder don't ever unplug and remove smoke detectors because they are beeping. Change the batteries and if that doesn't work please notify us. We find a lot of tenants unplug them and bury them in a closet or drawer instead of replacing batteries.
- A/C Filters: Make sure to check and change every month or as required by the type of filter. If any HVAC systems in your home have a reusable filter you are still required to clean them periodically, so please make sure they are kept clean.
- Toilets: "Flushable" Wipes CANNOT be flushed. Do not put anything down the drains except water, human waste, and regular toilet paper. Food, toys, feminine products, wipes, towels, wrappers, condoms, and other objects do not break apart and go down the drain. Clogs of the plumbing system may be charged back to you, so it is best to avoid this by not putting anything down any of the drains aside from water and human waste.
- Disposal Systems: This includes using the sink disposal as a garbage chute. These appliances are not meant to dispose of large quantities of food and should only be used as a last resort after all food items are scraped off dishes into a compost bin or trash can.
- Drainage: Shower, bath, and sink drains can get clogged up over time with hair and other organic matter. Do not use Draino-type products as they are extremely acidic and will do more harm than good by damaging the pipes while usually failing to fix the drainage issue. The best way to address this is to use a disposable drain snake that can be obtained from any hardware store for a couple of dollars. Please note that if we send out a vendor for this and it turns out to be this very issue you may be charged back for the cost. Here is a video on how to use those - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOb4MJ6widg
- Emergency Maintenance: this extension should not be called unless you have an issue involving Flood, Blood, or Fire. Do not call the emergency line to follow up on existing work orders or submit a new request that is not an emergency. In case of an emergency call 911 if needed and then contact us after everyone is safe. Remember that we do not monitor emails after hours, so if you submit something considered an emergency online and do not call we may not know until the next business day.
Other Maintenance Notes:
If you'd like to inquire about, or update an existing request, submit the form at stoneoakmgmt.com/maintenance or call 512-617-6766 ext-5.
Maintenance time frames continue to be extended due to the pandemic. Please allow at least 5 business days before requesting an update from our team unless it is an emergency.
For basic DIY tips and tricks to solve some issues quickly, visit our DIY rental property maintenance page.
Your Tenant Portal & Electronic Statements
The system will generate a statement even if you're moving out, so there is no need to contact us if you receive this and are moving. All charges, including any prorated rent, will be adjusted as needed when the deposit is processed.
If you are not using the portal app that keeps you logged in please take a look at the linked flyer for more info. This can eliminate forgotten passwords, and help with easy updates/access to maintenance requests and all other account details.
AppFolio Tenant Portal Information