The Importance of Renters Insurance
With the recent storms in the Austin/Round Rock area, the importance of maintaining renters insurance is front and center. In the event a home is deemed to be unlivable, your renter's insurance, with the right coverage, will cover you while you are displaced and will also cover your personal property should it sustain any damage. Talk to your insurance agent or company to make sure you have the right coverage for your needs
Renters insurance is a requirement to live in a property managed by Stone Oak Property Management.
Phone Calls & Communication With Our Company
We strive to provide excellent customer service! We return all calls within 24 business hours, if you call into the office, please leave a voicemail and someone will get back to you within 24 business hours. Please note, that unless you leave a message we will not know that you called.
Our team strives to provide the best service possible and sometimes we can get busy! Please know that our team will always field your inquiry at our earliest convenience.
Lockboxes On Your Property
In anticipation of the busy summer season approaching, we are taking an inventory of lockboxes.
There is a possibility that you may still have a lockbox attached to your property if it was just leased, going onto the market, etc. If you do notice that a lockbox is on your property at this time please contact your property manager to let them know! We appreciate your help with this.
Upcoming Renewal Notifications
Summer is always busy for everyone - including your property manager. Please make sure to let us know as soon as possible if you are considering renewing your lease.
If your intention is to vacate your property at the end of your lease let your property manager know and they will provide you with a link to give official notice!
Please take a moment to review our routine maintenance reminders. We ask that our tenants be diligent when it comes to their property's maintenance. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact your property manager!
Routine Maintenance Reminders
- Maintenance Requests: We still receive a lot of maintenance requests that state something vague like "washer" or "AC" without any other info about the actual issue. We cannot act on requests like this and will require that you provide more info, so any request like this will only delay a resolution to the issue. Make sure you provide as much info as possible in your request including pics if possible.
- Maintenance Portal: Please make a list of any items you want to submit, and then list all issues together as one request including as much info as possible and attach photos if applicable. We will then evaluate whether they should be split up or not.
- Smoke and CO Alarms: As a reminder don't ever unplug and remove smoke detectors because they are beeping. Change the batteries and if that doesn't work please notify us. We find a lot of tenants unplug them and bury them in a closet or drawer instead of replacing batteries.
- A/C Filters: Make sure to check and change every month or as required by the type of filter. If any HVAC systems in your home have a reusable filter you are still required to clean them periodically, so please make sure they are kept clean.
- Toilets: "Flushable" Wipes CANNOT be flushed. Do not put anything down the drains except water, human waste, and regular toilet paper. Food, toys, feminine products, wipes, towels, wrappers, condoms, and other objects do not break apart and go down the drain. Clogs of the plumbing system may be charged back to you, so it is best to avoid this by not putting anything down any of the drains aside from water and human waste.
- Disposal Systems: This includes using the sink disposal as a garbage chute. These appliances are not meant to dispose of large quantities of food and should only be used as a last resort after all food items are scraped off dishes into a compost bin or trash can.
- Drainage: Shower, bath, and sink drains can get clogged up over time with hair and other organic matter. Do not use Draino-type products as they are extremely acidic and will do more harm than good by damaging the pipes while usually failing to fix the drainage issue. The best way to address this is to use a disposable drain snake that can be obtained from any hardware store for a couple of dollars. Please note that if we send out a vendor for this and it turns out to be this very issue you may be charged back for the cost. Here is a video on how to use those - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOb4MJ6widg
- Emergency Maintenance: this extension should not be called unless you have an issue involving Flood, Blood, or Fire. Do not call the emergency line to follow up on existing work orders or submit a new request that is not an emergency. In case of an emergency call 911 if needed and then contact us after everyone is safe. Remember that we do not monitor emails after hours, so if you submit something considered an emergency online and do not call we may not know until the next business day.
Other Maintenance Notes:
If you'd like to inquire about, or update an existing request, submit the form at stoneoakmgmt.com/maintenance or call 512-617-6766 ext-5.
Maintenance time frames continue to be extended due to the pandemic. Please allow at least 5 business days before requesting an update from our team unless it is an emergency.
For basic DIY tips and tricks to solve some issues quickly, visit our DIY rental property maintenance page.
Your Tenant Portal & Electronic Statements
The system will generate a statement even if you're moving out, so there is no need to contact us if you receive this and are moving. All charges, including any prorated rent, will be adjusted as needed when the deposit is processed.
If you are not using the portal app that keeps you logged in please take a look at the linked flyer for more info. This can eliminate forgotten passwords, and help with easy updates/access to maintenance requests and all other account details.
AppFolio Tenant Portal Information